Thursday, September 16, 2010

um, awkward...

Here is how things unfolded.

The man: Hey, I am trying to get tickets to the Duke/Alabama game next weekend. I will now make clear to you that I am very excited about that game. Would you be interested?

Me: Sure!

(radio silence about the game)

Him: So I was thinking this weekend, there is a concert at a local restaurant. Would you be interested?

Me: Sure! It is a date! This Friday! (I'm never really that enthusiastic, but I'm trying to keep it short)

(still radio silence about the game...meanwhile I learn that is a big game to go to and everyone is trying to get tickets. I have wealthy friends who have extra tickets they are trying to get rid of.)

Me via email: Hey, there are several folks talking about tickets to that game next weekend. Let me know if your contact falls through!

(still radio silence about the game. We are, however, talking for at least an hour every night of the week)

Me: So did you get my email about the game tickets? Totally no pressure, just wanted you to know I may have some connections (the tickets were going fast in my circles and this guy seemed to care a lot about the game. I couldn't care less)

Him: Oh, I am going to call my contact right now. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Him: Got tickets to the game!

Me: Yay! You are the man!

Later that day....

Him: So, I just wanted to throw out there that if you want to back out of tomorrow night. You know, two dates two days in a row. If that would be too much of me, I understand. We can just leave it at the game.

Me: Wait, the game is this weekend? As in two days? Oh. (processing, processing, oh crap)

Now I have unknowingly pushed a man into two dates two days in a row. I would wig the hell out if someone did that to me. I told him that I was up for it, but if he was politely trying to get out of it, I understand. Now I think we are both too polite to back out.

So, now I have two dates two days in a row. This could be magic. Or disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment