Thursday, September 2, 2010

because I am weak...

I am going on a date this Sunday. Yes, I am blowing off the last month of my sabbatical from men and going on a date. With a man.

Why? I am weak. I can't even claim that some amazing man walked into my life and I had no choice but to let him sweep me off my feet.

No such glory. I went online and re-joined all of the dating sites. Within a week, I found someone who I am only somewhat excited about meeting. We are going to the museum on Sunday.

I am okay with this. In the last five months, I've mourned men of my past, re-empowered myself as a single woman, thrown full-blown pity parties, and quit caring about my physical appearance all together. It is that last thing that sends me back into the world of dating.

My house is a wreck because no one has entered the front door in 4 months. I've gained 15 pounds because my life is nothing but work and sleep. Even with great friends, I am generally lonely. Work is so busy that there are few things I can point to as my personal life.

Back to dating! The sabbatical did change me. I am no longer considering men who I know are a waste of time (no full-time job, don't believe in God, watch Fox news, etc.).

And so, my first date in 5 1/2 months is on Sunday. We will call him Mr. Evolution.

That isn't a name symbolizing the evolution of my dating process. It is because he doesn't believe in evolution. I know.

That is why I'm not completely excited. He does work full-time in a professional job, goes to church, works with prison ministries, believes in women in ministry, and he can spell. Those things hit enough basics to get a 1 1/2 hour date on Sunday.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment