Wednesday, April 14, 2010

tears and grilled cheese

I think that I love being a crazy woman. Yesterday, I was watching a video of a dog that got loose at a professional baseball game and ran around the field. The drama included a delightful scene of the dog squatting to take a shit and wagging his tail in joy. I laughed. I cried.

Cried? Yes, I cried. I have no clue why. This is a pretty common phenomenon in my life. Something meaningful, crappy, or simply exhausting will happen to me and I will feel almost nothing in the moment. Five days later, I find myself crying at a video of a dog taking a shit.

Being crazy is kind of fun once you embrace it.

In addition to touching dog-shitting videos, my life this week is defined by grilled cheese sandwiches. I ate half of one this weekend while out of town with four of my best friends. It was a simple sandwich on white bread. Since I've gotten home, all I want is grilled cheese sandwiches. Here is the recipe for my perfect lunch item:

Melt 1/2 tablespoon of margarine on a skillet. Add a teaspoon of garlic paste and 3 splashes of tabasco. Grill the sandwich on that awesome combination. I use lowfat swiss cheese and sourdough bread. It is just unhealthy enough to seem sinful but not bad enough to seem shameful.
I've had 5 of these sandwiches in the last 3 days. That is what I eat while crying and watching dog videos.
Sometimes I feel sorry for people who don't have the honor of living with a crazy mind like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment