Thursday, April 22, 2010

green shakes and swim

The sabbatical from men continues! Grant it, I am only 20 days into my six month break from men, but I still love this season of underwear on the floor and lots of free nights alone. Yes, that sounds like the life of a loser to anyone else. For me, it is heaven.

While NOT dating men keeps me oh-so-busy, I managed to squeeze in another project. Today begins a month-long experiment with green shakes. I hope to drink a green shake every day until May 22nd. Like every big project that I undertake after thinking it through for 30 seconds, I am sure that this one will be a huge success. Not*

What is a green shake, you ask? It is a smoothie with spinach. This morning, I blended one orange, one banana, some strawberries, and three huge handfuls of baby spinach. It was awesome! You don't taste the spinach at all! It is like a really thick dessert! I read on someone else's blog (happyfoody.com) about this challenge. For the next month, I will have fresh fruits and vegetables every day for breakfast- the smoothie. I call it a shake because that sounds less healthy.

The official challenge tells you to cut out all white sugars. Um, let's be realistic with my impulsive commitment. If I cut out all white sugars, I'll start eating fried chicken by the bucket. In a week's time, I will find myself sitting in a closet weeping, hating myself, and eating an entire package of Little Debbies. We'll keep the white sugars for now. Green shakes are a good start.

Swim update: The journey to becoming a sexy swimmer faced a setback last week. I bought a more official athletic swimsuit with the criss-crossy back on it. While it does stay put when I am swimming, it also accentuates my backfat. Giant rolls of fat falling out of every elegant hole cut into the back of my swimsuit....not exactly sexy. Oh well. With my green shake challenge, I am sure that the backfat will be gone in a matter of days. Not.
*I still haven't given up on bringing back "Not."

No comments:

Post a Comment