Saturday, November 30, 2013

Serious Talking Up to Bat

I forgot about the agony of waiting for a text when you really, actually like a man.

I forgot about my nasty habit of channeling all of the loneliness related to starting a new life in a new town into waiting for a single, damned text.  It is as if all of my self worth depends on that little "bing" from my iPhone.

I did not forget about how draining it is to hope all while hating myself for hoping.

I texted back and forth with talking man #3 for hours every evening three days in a row.  He seems wonderful!  We had deep, self-revealing conversations via text message and I was really looking forward to meeting him!

I then left town for Thanksgiving.  Other than a short "Happy Thanksgiving" conversation initiated by me, I have not heard from him in 3 days.

I am back in town and have sworn not to text him first.  Now I have to wait to see if his radio silence is because of my trip and family holidays or if he has dropped the conversation.

Agony.

I'll have an answer within 24 hours.  I will then either quickly move on and forget about this dude or I will be elated to keep talking to him.  For now, though, it is agony.

My only choice now is to take tons of Benedryl and go to sleep.   In my sleep, I do not keep checking the damned phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment