Monday, December 9, 2013

Back in the Saddle, Date #1 Fail

Dating for me is either feast or famine.  After 2 full years of somewhat self-inflicted famine, I am dealing the the first wave of dates.

Because of Thanksgiving and Christmas, my first wave came all in one weekend.  I scheduled three dates in two days!  Now it is Monday and I truly feel like I've been hit by waves and drug along by the undertow.

The undertow will be called Mr. Right.  I've been "talking" with Mr. Right for a couple of weeks now.  We texted for hours and I loved everything about him except for his complete lack of pictures online and reluctance to meet in person.  This is how I felt like I was building a relationship with a man who may not actually exist.

Like any good undertow, Mr. Right has enough draw that thoughts of him tugged at the back of my head while planning the other two dates.  Fucking undertows.  This is how people drown, you know!

Date #1: Mr. Drama  This is one of the many men who struggle with things like grammar and spelling.  I cancelled two days before the date.  The guy was charming when we talked on the phone, but began texting drama.  How does a grown ass man attempt texting drama?  He texts and I am do not text back quickly enough.  "Did I piss you off?"  No, dude.  I was just doing dishes.  I text him for details on the date and he sends back "sure."  Four hours later, "okay."  Another four hours later "can we change the time?"  This unfortunately happened in the midst of long, charming text conversations with Mr. Right.  Goodbye, Mr. Drama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment