Monday, December 9, 2013

Date #2 Fail

Date #2: Mr. Formal  I did not want to go on the lunch date to Ruby Tuesdays with Mr. Formal.  He wrote emails weeks apart and sounded like a 1950's accountant.  I kept the lunch date because my friends would have killed me for cancelling 2 out of 3 dates in one weekend.  I also needed the practice.

Mr. Formal also had a steady job, a solid profile, and was a good church going man, which put him in the plus column.  The only negatives were his formal emailing and the fact that all but one of his pictures were of his cats.  I did not have high hopes.


I dragged myself out of the house and over to Omaha.  I dragged myself out of the car and tried a pep talk as I walked across the parking lot.  I dragged myself into Ruby Tuesdays.  When I told the greeters that I was meeting a man but didn't know if he was here yet, they looked at me knowingly and all walked me over to a table.

Mr. Formal is a special needs man who is on the low end of the autism spectrum.  He stood waving to me enthusiastically.  In a flash, I decided to enjoy the lunch.  I was very impressed by the respect that all of the young, cool waiters gave the dude and me in what was obviously an unexpected blind date for me.  Mr. Formal likes me very much.  I have to figure out how to clearly and kindly let him down.

This makes me hate dating as much as being rejected.  I am now the person who is not calling back and letting someone down. Mr. Formal is a perfectly nice man... just not a man for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment