Monday, June 21, 2010

Only imports from now on...

I sent the bitchy email (okay, it wasn't bitchy, just not what he wanted to hear) and am now trying to maintain radio silence.

I now have two big pieces of emotional baggage in the same small town five miles from my house. From now on, I only want to date men from out of the county who have no ties to my immediate community (aka- they won't show up at my work after we break up).



Of course, there will be no imported or local men for another four months. The sabbatical is still really good for me. I've now started to grieve some shit that I previously put off by dating all of the losers of 2010.

On another note, I took a friend to the hospital to get her weekly iron infusion (she just finished 6 months of chemo. Yay!). I'd never been to a chemo/iron/other wierd drug dispensing clinic before. It was a lot of fun! Women in the South know that real healing comes from personal connections, gossip, jokes, and trying to hook a young minister up with every single man that they know. You would have thought it was a party if weren't for a dozen people lying in chairs being infused with heavy drugs. What a great service for otherwise sucky life situations! Good job, small town hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment