Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine?

First, let me say that I've already deleted, rewritten, and re-named this post. My first draft sounded too romantic and dreamy, which is not what most readers need while not working at work or not working at home.

Here was my Valentine in a nutshell:

A dozen roses (no vase, which means no $70 spending---good!) and a casual card. Both appropriate for a 3rd date. I made a card at the last minute and put it in my purse, unsure if we'd do anything Valentine-ish.

Dinner at a family place. Ice Cream on me. Good conversation and a bit of eye gazing. In conversation, I made clear that I need to go slow and that meant he wasn't getting any loving any time soon.

Home to my place. Kissing. Looking intensely at each other. (did you know that tongue rings can improve the skills of a bad kisser?)


After 45 minutes, he looked down and said, "Jenny, I would like you to be my girlfriend." It was in a voice that reminded me of the 8th grade. Unlike the 8th grade, he was hot and had an awesome accent and was asking me instead of my best friend.

Soooo, now I have a boyfriend after 3 dates. We are still taking it slow....aside from that exclusive commitment thing. Surprisingly, the youngest guy I've ever dated kept his hands to himself and did not push anything.

Either he is amazingly a gentleman or is gay. I'm starting to wonder about the latter....

No comments:

Post a Comment