Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cake

I love cake. My favorite cake is a simple white (NOT yellow) cake with white icing. I'd call it "wedding cake" but somehow wedding cakes seem to be messed up. They are dry or have a strange ingredient like raspberry or almond extract.

When I am craving cake, however, it is always chocolate cake. Chocolate cake with fudge icing. There is nothing more satisfying than chocolate cake when I am hormonal.


(lust = chocolate)

Every now and then, I'll buy something different, like pineapple or cheesecake. If someone offers me a spice cake, I enjoy it but I'd never drive to the store looking for one.

When I was little, all of the women in my life told me that carrot cake and red velvet were the best. They always made a big deal out of it if someone had a carrot or red velvet cake. I've experienced too many bad, dry, nasty carrot and red velvet cakes to ever seek one out. When they are bad, they ruin the hope of ever finding a good version.


(Don't believe the hype. I will disappoint you)

There are a lot of people who claim to like cake, but really they just like something to hold the icing. Those people are not worthy of the awesomeness of cake. Icing should never overwhelm or try to hide a cake's quality. Really dry or bad cake with a lot of icing is not good cake. The distraction does not work for me. On the same note, a really good cake doesn't need icing at all. The icing is nice, but it is just an added bonus.

People who are distracted by pretty icing will buy the really cool looking cupcakes that sat in the baker's display for 2 weeks. Those will almost always be a really well decorated lump of dry crappiness. Children usually fall for this and really shallow adults.


(I am cute and utterly useless for anyone seeking real cake)

I was in the car with friends on Saturday and a man drove up next to us. I didn't notice, but my friend said that he looked over and pulled down his sunglasses to get a good look. They caught up so I could see (yes, just like in high school!). He was a really good looking black man.

In that moment, it hit me! My passions for baked goods and the opposite sex are profoundly parallel. I love my men. I love my cake. If I try too much of either, I eventually get sick and want to quit althoughter. The craving comes back eventually. Right now, I am looking for a good man:

There are different flavors that I seek for different reasons
None of the types of men my mom wanted for me when I was little are actually good for me
I go for substance over fluff any day. Give me a poor black man with a great heart, strong work ethic, and a loveable personality over a wealthy asshole any day!
I don't go looking for spice, but I'll probably take it if it is offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment