Monday, October 3, 2011

Big changes?

I've officially gotten back "out there." Well, sorta. I've taken the step to go back on the free dating website but am not yet serious enough to pay money for bad dates (from match or eharmony). I've only had my profile back up for a few days.

Last night my ex messaged me on the site. The funk musician ex. It has been 1 1/2 years since we dated and I haven't really looked back since we broke up. Chatting was light and pleasant until he threw out the phrase "I've gone through some big changes lately but I'm still the same guy."

Stupid me. I had about 4 seconds of hope after that phrase. Big changes?

Has he gotten a real job?
Quit smoking pot every day?
Does he have car insurance?
Is he no longer in love with the girl downstairs?

Maybe he has really changed and now he is going to get me back and we will get married and have beautiful intelligent and muscial mixed-race children.

All of that in four seconds. I forgot how much false hope grows out of getting back "out there."

Me: Really? What changes?
Him: Well, I finally finished my masters degree and moved to Asheville

Maybe he has straightened his life out! We won't date, but I now know that people can change!

Me: Awesome! What are you doing in Asheville?
Him: Working in a kitchen and getting to know local musicians.

Oh, the same minimum wage job and loser dreams you had before. Excellent.

Me: I love Asheville. You are lucky. Is it as wonderful as I think it is?
Him: It is a cool city. Everyone here is full of themselves, though. I've also moved around a lot in 6 months. I've had a lot of wierd live-in landlords who were crazy but finally found a 38 year old woman as a landlord.

Whaaaat?

Me: Where do you find these people?
Him: On Craigslist.

Ooooh, that's right. Nothing has changed. You have no credit and don't pay your rent so you are reduced to finding creepy roommate situations on Craigslist until you find a woman to live with that you will secretly fall in love with and never date.

Same job. Same resentful attitude toward society. Same irresponsiblity. Same fucked-up approach to love. Your big change is that you are now an irresponsible loser in a different city.

The ex then tried to arrange a booty call that required me to drive 5 hours to see him. It was offensive on so many levels.

So now I am back out there! The adventures already begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment