Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sabbatical Day 44


I am 1 1/2 months into my 6 month break from men and feeling my first signs of wavering.

The good news is that I finally found a birth control that works! Thank you, Jesus, for the Nuva Ring! (p.s. please send an off-brand version to help my wallet) Three weeks of perfect spot-free days and then when it is time, I experience the reliable hormonal mess of a week that is promised in the packaging.

This is my hormonal week. I am going to attribute my loneliness and desire for a man to the nifty Nuva Ring and NOT to my own emotional needs.

Yes, it is the Nuva Ring that caused me to tear up and long for a man to dance with at a never-ending wedding reception this afternoon. The Nuva Ring also made me hug my dog a little longer simply because she was sitting on the couch.

I am wavering a bit. I've longed for romance, first dates, and someone to think about. Happily, there is no man behind my feelings. That gives me hope that when the Nuva Ring mojo evens out, I will go back to my happy single woman self who feels empowered by this season of solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment