Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Bitter Break-up

It wasn't a serious relationship, but I had to end things.  Yes, we'd been together since I met them in the mall in 1992.  I haven't always been loyal, but they got me through some really rough and lonely months back in 2005.  It was a relationship that I could always count on- something different and reliable. 

And what did they do?  They fucked up.  There were hints in the years past that we were growing apart.  I sensed that their values did not always reflect mine.  But they had to throw it in my face.  I had no choice.

I broke up with Chic-fil-a. 

It was a resentful break-up on my part.  If I wrote a note to Chic-fil-a, it would say:

Dear Chic-fil-a,

I still love you and your breakfast sandwiches, but your complete lack of morals is too much for me to handle.  I hate you for making me love you!  Why do you have to be so stupid?  Why did you align yourself with every backwoods, angry, ignorant, self-righteous, and bigoted Christian in America? 

Why do you make me walk away from you?  It isn't me, it's you.  This IS personal.  We are over.  Call me when you do something to redeem this hate you spread in the name of Jesus.

Regrettfully,
Your ex-lover
p.s. If you need me, you can find me at Zaxby's.  Their nibblers are growing on me and they don't hate gays and lesbians.

No comments:

Post a Comment