Monday, January 24, 2011

I've heard of this happening

Ex-boyfriends show back up. Just when you get good and comfortable in life....happy with who you are and happily forgetting your bad past decisions....the ex-boyfriend calls.

Felipe called on Christmas Day. I answered because I'd erased him from my phone, so I didn't know the number. Sitting in my parents' house in Texas, far from the worries of North Carolina, the ex-boyfriend called for the first time in 7 months. On Christmas Day.

S. H. I. T. I pulled a trick that I hadn't used since high school. Mom walks through the room and I motion to her to call my name. "Jenny! We need you in the kitchen!" Oh, damn. I've got to go. So sorry. Bye now!

Now I'm settled into January and no longer worried about the ex of 2010. All is well!

No. All is not well. Scott shows up to church. Scott, who I haven't seen in 2 years and who isn't even a blip on my emotional radar, walks into church and talks to everyone as if he never left. He came back 2 weeks later with his son, going to both Bible study and worship.

F. U. C. K. Actually, the most appropriate reaction is WTF??? This is what I've had whispered to me, texted to me, and mouthed across the room as all of my friends now have to make small talk with the ex. He now goes to community games and sits with my friends as if he'd never cheated on me, broken my heart, married his ex, and been gone for two years. While he is NOT my problem, he is now a thorn in my side. A thorn that must be in the middle of his second divorce to the same woman...the only reason that he would show back up to my church.

Why can't bad decisions stay in the past where they belong? I've moved on. Why can't they? Why should we bother to grow and learn with age if assholes from your past can just up and call on a major family holiday or walk into your church?

Um, hello! Leave my family and friends alone! I wasn't a great girlfriend! Find somewhere new to park your penises!


p.s. the only thing more tragic than my life right now is Pierce Brosnan singing on Mamma Mia. Who knew that music could suck the sexiness out of such a beautiful man?

No comments:

Post a Comment