Saturday, December 17, 2011

beating the system

Tonight I decided to break out my Swiffer Wetjet and mop the kitchen floor (another baby step in my journey out of the funk). Two boxes of disposable mopheads? Check. Batteries? Check. Alas, I was out of the very expensive liquid cleaner.

What to do? I damned the man. That's right, I angered the Swiffer gods by beating their system of selling mops that eat up pricey cleaner that you must replace every third use.

I can refill my refill, damn it! I ALWAYS have bleach and dish soap!

I tried prying off the lid, but Swiffer apparently foresaw cheap bitches like me and made their lid unremovable.

Did I stop? No! I cut a hole in the bottom of the bottle that will now be my permenant Swiffer homemade formula holder.

This boring image represents my small triumph over capitalism.

Side note: My dog felt so confused about me cleaning that she followed me around the house and sat at my feet every time that I paused. She is now sitting right up next to me. When your dog is emotionally traumatized by 2 hours of quiet cleaning, it is time for a serious lifestyle change.

No comments:

Post a Comment